Nov 18, 2022
Bacterial Vaginosis is a very common vaginal infection that occurs when there is a bacterial imbalance down in your intimate area. This imbalance is caused due to overgrowth of normal bacteria in your vagina. Some of the common symptoms are grey or off-white colored vaginal discharge with a pungent, unpleasant smell. In most cases, Bacterial Vaginosis goes away without any treatment but in severe cases; it requires proper treatment and diagnosis.
DEFINITION- BV (Bacterial Vaginosis) is a vaginal infection where you will have abnormal discharge from your vagina that mainly occurs to such women who have not had their menopause yet. It may cause an unpleasant smell, vaginal irritation, and itching. Many women don’t even have any symptoms.
Bacterial Vaginosis: How Common Is It?
Women between the age of 15 to 44 mostly have a chance to get BV and it is a very common infection among Indian women.
Who may contract Bacterial Vaginosis?
All vagina owners can get this bacterial infection but it mostly occurs in sexually active women. You can be more vulnerable to contracting Bacterial Vaginosis if you:
- Do not use dental dams or condoms
- Are pregnant
- Have an IUD or intrauterine device
- Have several sex partners
- Use douches
Bacterial Vaginosis: Causes
- What causes Bacterial Vaginosis?
Your ‘V’ friend is home to various types of bacteria. BV occurs when any bacteria overgrows more rapidly than others. So too much of 1 bacteria lead to the risk of getting BV.
- Is Bacterial Vaginosis contagious in nature?
BV does not spread from one to another but yes, sexual activities may increase the chances of having Bacterial Vaginosis.
- Bacterial Vaginosis: An STD?
Bv does not spread sexually but it is connected with sexual activities. Studies have shown that during sex, the bacterial environment alters in your genital area.
Bacterial Vaginosis: Symptoms
Almost 84% of women with this infection don’t have any symptoms but you may also have-
- Grey, Off-white, or greenish fluid discharge from your vagina.
- Pungent ‘fishy’ like smelly discharge.
- A sore or an itchy vagina.
Bacterial Vaginosis: Diagnosis
- Will Bacterial Vaginosis clear up on its own?
In most cases, BV has resolved on its own without any treatment or prescribed medicine. But, you should always visit a doctor if you have any of the symptoms because it may cause sexually transmitted infections and can affect you during pregnancy personal care health.
- What is the medication for Bacterial Vaginosis?
Your doctor may prescribe some antibiotics like clindamycin or metronidazole. Mostly, all the medications are in anti-chafing cream or gel form but there are pills too.
- Is there any home treatment for Bacterial Vaginosis?
No, you should not put any homemade remedies on your genital area as it may irritate the infection more. It’s always best to consult a doctor for better clarification and reassurance.
Bacterial Vaginosis: Prevention
There are no certified ways to avoid BV but there are a few tips you can follow to keep your ‘V’ friend clean and keep away from the risk of getting such vaginal infections.
- Try not to do douching as it causes an imbalance of bacteria in your genital area.
- Try to avoid vaginal contact with anything that has touched your anus as it may transfer bad bacteria from your anus to your genital area.
- Try to limit the number of your sex partners as it may cause BV.
- Always use dental dams and condoms to prevent your vagina from getting bacterial vaginosis.
- Mostly wear loose cotton underwear to keep your vagina less moist. As vaginal infections are prone to moist areas.
- Cleaning your genital area with lukewarm water or intimate hygiene products or mist.
We hope, all your queries, doubts, and worries about bacterial vaginosis have been cleared with this blog. If you are searching for an effective intimate wash- then check out VinzBerry intimate hygiene wash and intimate hygiene mist for the desired result. All of their products are 100 natural and safe to use.
VinzBerry is here to take a little extra care of your female hygiene by providing a wide range of products for your intimate area. Intimate Body Care, Underarm Care, Body Care, and Intimate Hygiene are all categories that hold various products which are useful in various ways. The products are affordable and the best go-to for any season of the year. Try our products and feel free to contact us in case of any queries. We are here to serve you with a better experience.
So what are you waiting for? Start using VinzBerry to let your ‘V’ friend breathe fresh.